- speak evil of no man
- This is a good rule to make in your life.
- be no brawlers
- Sneak away from getting caught in arguments.
- serving divers lusts and pleasures
- Praise Jesus, He freed me from being sin's slave.
- kindness and Love
- We must be kind and gentle to sinners, and Love them.
- God wouldn't like for you to go to Hell.
- toward man
- Jesus' Love is still for you.
- according to his mercy
- If people should have favorite things about Jesus, my favorite thing about Him is His mercy.
- He saved us
- He, saved us. If you think Jesus is true, please pray, and ask God to save you. You've been naughty, but ask God to save you because of the Lord Jesus.
- the washing
- When God forgives us, He washes away all of the things that aren't right.
- through Jesus
- There is no other way to be saved, except by the Lord Jesus Christ.
- by his grace
- It is only a simple, easy, free gift, to accept.
- We have a great inheritance.
- I have a hope to cling to.
- eternal life
- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
I'm studying Joshua 5 today.
...their heart melted, neither was there spirit in them any more...The Lord gives incredible victories that melt the heart of the enemy.
The fathers "were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the LORD."
...the LORD swore that He would not show them the land ... a land that flows with milk and honey.
They lost a wonderful, beautiful, and pleasurable treasure.
I just looked up Gilgal, and I guess it means "a wheel," or, "rolling."
The Lord kept the promise to give His people these wonderful things.
They tasted the things, and were filled with them, and strengthened by them.
The captain of the Lord's host came and stood over against Joshua, with his sword drawn in his hand.
I don't have to be afraid, because the Lord has promised that His angel encamps around about those who fear Him, and delivers them.
- Prayer is like incense. (Psalm 141:2.)
- go quickly
- This is the way we should pray.
- We're supposed to be a house of prayer.
- An atonement is a covering. Jesus covers for us.
- the plague
- There are real and serious dangers we need to pray about.
v49 How many more people would have died if he just hadn't acted with such zeal?
v50 It makes a difference.
And you shalt rejoice in every good [thing] which the LORD your God has given unto you...
How do you read your Bible, pray, witness, and go to meetings? Bored and miserable, because you have to? Or gladly, finding pleasure in Jesus?
It's not like you earn some kind of points for being miserable, and then the Lord will reward you by letting you go do something else fun. Don't think that you should be miserable, doing "good things" to please the Lord.
Do you given your most affection to the Lord Himself? Or to anything or anyone else, setting up an idol in your heart? The Lord wants us to delight ourselves in Him.
...the LORD your God gives you, a land that flows with milk and honey; as the LORD God of your fathers has promised you.
...eat there, and rejoice before the LORD your God.