- The Lord is to be greatly praised in Zion
- The Lord has done great things in Zion
- We think about the Lord's great qualities in Zion
- Zion is a landmark of the Lord's everlasting Godhood and relationship with us
And when he came to the den, he cried with a lamentable voice unto Daniel: [and] the king spake and said to Daniel, O Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God, whom thou servest continually, able to deliver thee from the lions?
This chapter uses this same phrase twice, once in v16, and again in v20:
thy God, whom thou servest continually. We should have such a testimony: that the Lord is our personal God and we serve him continually.
Application Galatians 6:9
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
I'll continue doing my activities for serving the Lord, even though right now my life has difficulties.
- The Lord used King Darius to promote Daniel
- The king ended up doing something extremely wrong that couldn't be changed
- The king's sin took him further then he wanted to go
- The king was sore displeased with himself, and labored for deliverance but could not achieve it
- Is God able?
- In the midst of a dire and impossible to change situation, the Lord is able to deliver those who believe in Him
- Don't play favorites
- Have mercy on others as you need mercy yourself
- Don't just say that you have faith; if you really do, then act like it
So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
Our actions should match our speech. We should confess that we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, but we must also do more than saying that. If it is really true that we have faith, then we must also have good behavior. That includes treating other people the right way.
And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be [ye] warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what [doth it] profit?
As I say that I am a believer in Jesus, I will make sure that I also act like it. I will take an opportunity to help out certain people with what they need.
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
It is an encouragement that Jesus was tempted all of the same ways we are. So, when we are tempted we can come to Him to find help and He cares and understands.
When I'm tempted I'll pray for the Lord's help, remembering how He was tempted in all of the same ways that we are.
- The devil tempted Jesus in the wilderness
- It was fulfilled that Jesus dwelt in Galilee
- Jesus called fishermen to follow Him
- Jesus healed people from all kinds of sicknesses
- Have joy and faith in temptations and trial
- Let patience perfect you
- Ask God for wisdom
- Have faith, don't go back and forth
- Rich people fade away
Blessed is the man that endureth temptation...(v12a)
- God gives every good gift
- Be slow to wrath
- Be doers of the word, not only hearers of it
- Vain religion
- Pure religion
Blessed [is] the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
When we have a hard time of trials and temptations, we should have patience and faith to endure it. We can even rejoice in that (v2), because that will be very good for us, and we will be happy afterwards.
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
Sometimes I am tempted to respond angrily to a difficult situation. When I feel like saying something, but I think that I shouldn't, I'll just pray for it specifically and trust God to take care of it.