- "When the morning was come..."--what kinds of things do we do in the morning?
- Judas tried to repent, and the council bought a potters field with the money
- Jesus didn't argue back
- Pilate gave the people a choice between Jesus and Barabbas
- Pilate's wife warned him
- The council and the crowd insisted for Barabbas to be released and Jesus to be crucified
- Pilate tried to transfer the responsibility
- The band of soldiers mistreated Jesus
When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.
Sometimes we're already set in our ways to carry out a certain activity and the Lord lets something happen to warn us. We shouldn't merely dismiss the warning and continue in our sin like we had planned.
Application 1 Corinthians 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
When something happens or somebody says something to make me unsure whether I'm going the right way, I'll reconsider it before the Lord even if I was already set in my ways.